Udaipur, the lake city of Rajasthan is considered to be the second most popular tourist spot after Jaipur. Being called popularly as the capital of the Mewar region, this great city has many amazing lake palaces, forts, lovely temples and broad lakes which are the main attractions of the Udaipur city. These artificial lakes are quite large and have been a source of water for the Udaipur residents. The picturesque beauty of these lakes is truly eye-catching for every tourist.
- Pichola Lake: This freshwater lake is one of the most amazing lakes of Rajasthan and hence it attracts visitors and tourists from all parts of the world. Interestingly, this lake is one of the oldest as well as the largest lake in Udaipur extending over three miles in length and two miles in width with a depth of forty feet in the center. As per history, this lake was built during the period of the popular Maharana Lakha by Picchu Banjara in the year 1362.
- Fateh Sagar Lake: Being an artificial lake in Udaipur this one is well connected by a large canal to the Pichola Lake. This lake stands second to Jaisamand which is the first artificial lake in Udaipur. This lake covers an area of 1 sqm km with a length of more than 2 km and 12 m deep.
- Udai Sagar Lake: City Udaipur is further beautified by this lovely lake which is located 14 km from Udaipur. The special feature of this lake is: the water from this lake is utilized in the zinc smelter in the nearby area Debari. According to history, Maharana Udai Singh has formed this lake 1565, which runs 4km by length and 2 km by width and with a shallow deep of 9 meters.
- Jaisamand Lake: Being the largest artificial lake in the entire Asia, this amazing lake is located around 50km from the city, Also known as Dhebar meaning as catchment area, this lake has a circular area of around 80 km with a coverage area of 50 sq km. Interestingly the width of this lake has a vast variation ranging from 2 to 10km at various locations.
- Rajsamand Lake: This picturesque lake is also known as Rajsamudra lake and located in the Noth of Udaipur by a distance of 60km from the city of Udaipur. This lake which is around 2 miles wide, 4 miles long and 60 feet deep was constructed by Maharana Raj Singh in 1660.
If you happen to make-up your mind to visit this wonderful city with your loved ones the resorts in Udaipur near Lake welcome you to make your trip memorable. To make your trip easy, many of the best resorts in Udaipur offer to pick up and drop facility. Being a part Udaipur tourism initiatives these hotels are waiting for your early bookings. wedding venue lake garda